East Clandon Village Hall
8 metres long x 6 metres wide, it features a wooden floor, 4 windows, memorial fireplace and wall lights.
6 metres wide x 3 metres deep with full stage curtains, curtain winch and wing curtains
Including cooker, microwave, fridge, water heater, main sink and hand basin.
With 25 double coat hooks.
Two toilets including one fully equipped for use by the disabled.
20 litre and 30 litre hot water urns can be easily filled using the 'bob-tap'
65 chairs, 13 folding tables, hot water urns, kettles, crockery, cutlery, glasses and a range of cleaning equipment.
|Hall Hire||£7.00 per hour or £40 per day||£10 per hour|
|Table Hire||£5.00 per day||not offered|
|Chair Hire||£0.50 per day||not offered|
|Hot Water Urn Hire||£5.00 per day||not offered|
|Crockery||No Charge||not offered|
|Cutlery||No Charge||not offered|
A full price list is available on request.
Who uses the hall?
The hall is suitable for:
• Businesses meetings.
• Charity group meetings.
• Flower Arranging classes.
• Film and drama groups.
• Art Exhibitions.
• Dance/Exercise Classes.
• Interest group meetings.
• Adult dinner and lunch parties.
• Wedding receptions.
|The wall clock was made by W.C.Nicklin of Guildford|
Bookings for the hire of the Hall and Equipment can be made through Bug Robertson, Bookings Coordinator who will be pleased to show you around the hall facilities.
Telephone: 01483 223751
The Management Committee manages the hire, maintenance and improvement of the hall. It holds public meetings 3 times a year and its constitution requires it to manage the village hall "for the benefit of the inhabitants of East Clandon". The current Committee Members are:
Minutes of the Village Hall Management Committee meetings
East Clandon Village Hall was built in 1920 by Goodhart-Rendel for the use of the villagers.
Over the years it has been a Working Men's Club - the Ancient Order of Buffalos, a Woodwork club for the youth of East and West Clandon and in 1939 it served as the Home Guard Base. The Stage was used as a library and the school teacher was present twice weekly. During the Second World War the Hall was used by school children and evacuees. The original wooden kitchen (subsequently demolished in 1992) was built in 1940 as an office for Air Raid Precautions (ARP) and the Home Guard.
In 1968 the estate of the deceased Captain PRR Dunne (who had inherited it from Goodhart-Rendel) suggested swapping Tunmore Fields for the Village Hall. The Tunmore Fields had been given to the village by Goodhart-Rendel in 1948. The Parish Council did not accept this proposition and probably would not have been allowed by law to do this.
The estate rented the Village Hall to the Parish Council at 1d per year and the Parish Council was responsible for the decoration. In 1970 the estate reneged the right to use the Hall to collect rent and conduct auction sales. In 1974, the estate of Captain Dunne, having failed to agree with the Parish Council to give them Tunmore Fields, finally donated the Village Hall to the village.
In 1976 the Village Hall became a registered charity to be used by the villagers for their benefit and has been managed by a Management Committee ever since.
Roll of Honour
Above the fireplace in the village hall hangs a scroll which bears the inscription:
"These men of East Clandon served their King and country in the war 1914 - 1918"
The names of those who died in action are written in gold. Click here to view the names.