Welcome to the village of East Clandon, Surrey

Clandon Conversations

The Surrey village of East Clandon, 4 miles east of Guildford is made up of 110 homes clustered around the communal buildings of the 12th century Church of St Thomas of Canterbury, The Queen's Head pub and the village hall. The tiny 2.25-square-mile (586 hectare) parish landscape at the foot of the North Downs includes a traditional country estate, arable and livestock farmlands, woodlands, a golf course and Hatchlands Park, a National Trust property.

The village has been here for well over 900 years having been recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086 and several houses date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. Much of the village is a Conservation area and over 50 buildings are Statutory Listed or Locally Listed buildings.